Buy Best Tomato Seeds Online for your Kitchen Garden
As beginners, we usually care little about what seeds we use for growing tomatoes in our vegetable garden. But as most of us gain experience, we want higher yields and start looking for high-quality tomato seeds that’ll give us a lot more tomatoes for our efforts.
With so many tomato seed varieties and brands available online, it’s difficult to choose one that’ll grow well and yield a lot of tomatoes as well.
So, what are our options when we seek best quality tomato seeds online for our kitchen garden?
Ornamental Variety Tomato Seeds
- Many Kitchen Gardeners grow Ornamental Tomato varieties for their colour, size and shape.
- They grow these varieties more as trophies and not as regular vegetable plants for consumption.
- These varieties produce fewer tomatoes per plant
Semi Determinate Variety Tomato Seeds
- This tomato variety grows into semi bushy type plants.
- Plant goes up to 4 to 5 feet tall.
- Flowering starts after the plant has reached its maximum height and has fully branched out.
- All of its flowers convert to fruits at the same time.
- Plant dies after producing a single burst of tomatoes.
- Plant life is up to 4 to 5 months.
Semi Indeterminate or Vine Variety Tomato Seeds
- This tomato variety grows into a tall vine type plant with very few side branches.
- Plant grows up to 8 to 10 feet tall.
- Flowering starts as early as when the plant gets approximately 2 feet tall.
- As the plant grows taller, the older flowers start converting to tomatoes while the plant keeps producing new flowers.
- Plant gives a small but continuous supply of tomatoes.
- In favourable weather conditions, these plants can live up to 7 to 8 months..
In the 10 years of growing vegetables in our terrace vegetable garden, we have grown many varieties of tomatoes, including popular varieties like Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat.
In 2021, we grew Semi Indeterminate or Vine Variety Tomato Seeds and found it to be the best variety to grow in your kitchen or vegetable garden.
We’ll tell you why.
- The Semi Indeterminate variety has a lifespan of 7-8 months.
- Semi Indeterminate varieties keep on flowering and fruiting throughout their life. This way, Kitchen Gardeners have a steady supply of tomatoes for consumption.
- The Semi Indeterminate Variety is also known to be resistant to disease.
Although Semi determinate tomato varieties also give a high yield of tomatoes, they produce all their tomatoes at once. And if all those tomatoes are not immediately converted to purees, sauces or ketchup, they all go to waste.
So, their long life, continuous harvest, and disease resistance make the Semi Indeterminate variety of tomatoes the best bet for Kitchen Gardening.
These Tomato Seeds are also considered good Hydroponic Tomato Seeds because they branch less and have a maximum height of 8 to 10 feet.
We have videos on growing tomatoes, both from Arka Rakshak seeds and vine tomato seeds on our YouTube channel “Shashi n Gautam Kitchen Gardeners”.